Part-time about 25-30 hours per week, opportunity to become FT
San Francisco, CA
Who we are
Sofar is powered by the dream to build the world’s best ocean data platform. Our team combines expertise in ocean science, technology, and innovation to develop new solutions for ocean exploration and observation. We are a bunch of ocean nerds and keep our offices close to the water (literally).
We’re a scrappy startup that values teamwork, transparency, and innovation. We maintain a work atmosphere that’s light-hearted and jovial, but when we need to get something done, we can switch gears and move fast.
We are deeply passionate about making ocean data widely available to ocean communities and enthusiasts with powerful tools and visualizations.
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate customer support agent to be the first-point of contact for our customers.
You are a team player with a passion for supporting and enabling our customers and you do with a sense of urgency and in a timely manner. You care about customer experience and want to make sure that every customer is satisfied with their investment in our products. You are a great communicator through email, phone, and social media. You not only understand customer use-cases but are fascinated by it, and want our customers to succeed.
You will work with the support team to fulfill administrative duties and manual tasks to fulfill orders and repairs, and communicate updates to our customers.
As a customer support agent, you will be working closely with different teams and represent our customer’s perspective. You are the liaison between the customer and the rest of the company. You can take feedback from our customers and share it with the rest of the company, providing suggestions for improvements.
You are passionate about our mission to connect humanity to our oceans.
We are a small and passionate team and we are looking for a new team member who is engaged with our mission and eager to help build the community and company. You are hands on and enjoy working with others in a highly engaged team. You bring positive energy to the table, and are ready to tackle any challenge.
- Work as part of a team to provide quality customer and technical support in a timely fashion.
- Monitor our customer-facing digital channels and respond as needed through Hubspot.
- Manage inbound customer support calls via Aircall.
- Work with us to constantly improve the quality and efficiency of our support system by providing feedback and suggestions on improvements.
- Build and maintain knowledge base and self-help articles for our products .
- Manage preparation, fulfillment, and tracking of orders, repairs, and replacements.
- Familiarity with all things maker, for example laser cutting, 3d printing, and fabrication.
- Experience or interest in a related marine industry.
- Experience or interest in being on, near, or under water.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent written communication / interpersonal skills and a passion for collaboration.
- Experience or intermediate knowledge of troubleshooting electronic issues
- A very high attention to detail and strong work ethic.
- Competent working knowledge of digital office productivity software, G-Suite, especially spreadsheets.
- Experience with business social media and/or community management.
- Experience in a customer-facing role.
- Experience in international and domestic shipping with Fedex and DHL
- Experience with digital support or CRM systems (Zendesk, Hubspot, or similar).
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
Applicant must be eligible to work in US.
How to Apply
If this job aligns with your passion and experience, we would love to hear from you!
Email your resume and a short cover letter explaining why you’re excited about the open position to email@example.com with the title “Customer Support Position” and we will get back to you ASAP.