San Francisco, California
Who we are
Sofar is powered by the dream to build the world’s best ocean data platform. Our team combines expertise in ocean science, technology, and innovation to develop new solutions for ocean exploration and observation. We are a bunch of ocean nerds and keep our offices close to the water (literally).
We’re a scrappy startup that values teamwork, transparency, and innovation. We maintain a work atmosphere that’s light-hearted and jovial, but when we need to get something done, we can switch gears and move fast.
We are deeply passionate about making ocean data widely available to ocean communities and enthusiasts with powerful tools and visualizations.
Who you are
You have a passion for sales and a proven track record of driving high growth and customer acquisition in a startup environment. You are excited about the ocean space and enabling customers to gain access to cool new ocean technologies, even if your experience has been in a different field in the past. You are a self-starter with a fast-growth mindset, and have solid SEO/SEA/SMM skills.
Most important, you bring lots of positive energy, the ability to improvise and rapidly adapt to changing insights, and you are confident in your ability to find our future customers that need our products. You are hands-on, execution-oriented, and enjoy working with like-minded people.
As a Director of Business Development at Sofar, your primary responsibility is to aggressively grow sales of our ocean hardware and data products by whatever creative means necessary. This is literally a blue ocean opportunity at a genesis point for our company: we have some incredible products that are already in use across the planet and we want to see a lot more of them in the hands of new customers. This role is an integral part of strengthening our existing sales pipelines, building new channels to create new customers, and will require a highly entrepreneurial mindset and can-do mentality.
The scope of your role will evolve along with the company as we build new products, expand into new markets, and continue to grow.
- Develop and execute online sales strategies.
- Develop and execute direct sales strategies.
- Provide input to, or drive marketing strategies to support sales.
- Assist with inbound lead management in our high volume environment.
- Represent our brand as the first point of contact between Domestic and International C-level executives, decision makers, and influencers.
- Build credibility and value in our solutions through strategic research and preparation.
- Innovate lead generation processes by taking part in our executive leadership meetings.
- Working knowledge of CRM systems.
- Sandler, Spin, Challenger, Strongman, Force Management training.
- Strong understanding of a qualification methodology, such as BANT.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4 year university.
- Intelligence, Character, Coachable, Experience.
- Demonstrated ability to drive growth and long-term sales as well as business development.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
Applicant must be eligible to work in US.
How to Apply
If this job aligns with your passion and experience, we would love to hear from you!
Email your resume and a short cover letter explaining why you’re excited about the open position to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you ASAP