We connect the world’s oceans to provide insights to science, society and industry for a more sustainable planet.
1) Team First - We win together. Respect and help others, always.
2) Oceans Next - We only have one planet. We make business decisions that way.
3) Challenge with Heart - Vocal about ideas, listen, discuss, and commit.
4) Ship for Opportunity - Pragmatic perfection. Build for the mission.
We build and deploy our own marine weather sensors, which allows us to maintain and operate the largest privately-owned marine weather sensor network in the world.
Our network provides unprecedented access to real-time ocean data and makes the Sofar Marine Weather Forecast better than any other. Our data insights contribute to trillions of dollars of economic value generated in and around our planet’s oceans. Our customer segments include: Aquaculture, Coastal Engineering, Environmental Consulting, Governments, Maritime Shipping, Offshore Energy, Ports & Harbors, and Research & Universities.
- Lead marketing at Sofar in order to drive demand and build massive positive brand awareness.
- Deeply understand our customers to design and scale effective go-to-market strategies.
- Build a brand that inspires positive emotions with potential customers: enthusiasm, excitement, optimism, hopefulness, triumph.
- Create the category of "Ocean Data as a Service" (or "ODaaS"), and establish Sofar as the category leader.
- Phase 1 (6-10 months): Build the foundations of marketing at Sofar as an individual contributor with specialist support from contractors and agency partners.
- Phase 2: Build, lead, and mentor a high-performing and multi-disciplinary marketing organization.
- Experience: 12+ years with 6+ years leading a high-performing marketing team.
- Track Record: You have run a B2B marketing strategy to grow from $5M to $30M+ in annual revenue.
- Leadership: You build diverse, collaborative, and high-performing teams.
- Strong Communicator: You distill complexity into clear and concise messaging.
- Data-driven: You take a data-driven approach to defining, measuring, and managing funnel metrics.
- Empathetic: You understand customer behavior and develop targeted strategies.
- Strategic: You run balanced strategies with both short and long-term investments.
- Growth Mindset: You embrace challenges, welcome feedback, and see effort as the path to mastery.
- Ownership: You take full accountability and take the initiative to find solutions.
- Deep passion for the Ocean
- Triple-threat experience marketing SaaS, data products, and hardware products
- Knowledge of Webflow, Hubspot, Shopify, and Google Analytics
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
If this job aligns with your passion and experience, we would love to hear from you!
Email your resume and a short cover letter explaining why you’re excited about the open position to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you ASAP.