Sofar is an ocean startup in San Francisco that builds the data platform to provide science, society and industries with the best ocean data and insights. We deploy the first global ocean weather sensor network to fundamentally shift the needle on reducing uncertainty in marine weather forecasts.
We are a group of ocean enthusiasts combining deep expertise in ocean science with the best in technology and innovation. We maintain a work atmosphere that embraces curiosity and encourages experimentation, but when we need to get something done, we can switch gears and move fast.
Our team at Sofar is looking to hire an Office Operations Manager. We are looking for someone with a positive, can-do attitude, who is resourceful and organized, thrives on working with people, loves building a strong culture and championing team happiness. You enjoy working in a startup environment, are comfortable with ambiguity, and your exceptional organizational skills will help us to structure and scale our office operations as we grow.
As the Office Operations Manager, you will be intricately involved in some of Sofar’s core functions: recruiting, finance, HR, employee engagement, and other essential parts of the business. You’ll work closely with the leadership team and help make sure things run smoothly and efficiently as our team grows. This is a great opportunity for someone with an eye for detail and the ambition and ability to make the role their own.
- Keep the office running smoothly and organized
- Develop and implement processes and policies to allow the company to scale effectively and efficiently
- Manage basic finance operations (accounts payable, payroll, timesheets, expense reports etc)
- Track and manage team budgets and expenditures
- Help manage leadership calendars and team travel logistics
- Manage HR functions such as benefits and employee resources
- Define and drive the onboarding experience for new hires
- Help define the hiring plan and talent acquisition strategy
- Coordinate recruiting efforts
- Act as a cultural ambassador, creating interactions that foster learning and experimentation
- Promote Sofar’s values, behaviors, and ways of working
- Organize team and community building events, including inspirational events, offsites etc
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years experience in project management, office operations or other relevant role
- Excellent interpersonal skills and exceptional organizational skills
- Great attention to detail and strong solutions-oriented and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience with accounting software, like Quickbooks and bill.com
- Ability to coordinate and lead recruiting efforts for technical and non-technical positions
- High energy and enthusiasm for culture and team building initiatives
- Experience working in a startup environment or a realistic sense of what this means
- Experience in education/coaching, psychology, organizational design, operations, talent, or learning and development
- Comprehensive understanding of employment law and compliance, compensation, benefits, organizational development, employee relations, and training
- A passion for the ocean!
If this job aligns with your passion and experience, we would love to hear from you! Email your resume and a short cover letter explaining why you’re excited about the open position to email@example.com and we will get back to you ASAP.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.