Sofar builds the data platform to provide industries and communities with the best marine weather data and forecasts. We are the first company to deploy large-scale ocean weather sensors to fundamentally shift the needle on reducing uncertainty in marine weather forecasts to optimize operations, planning, and logistics for industries and communities.
Our team combines deep expertise in ocean science with the best in technology and innovation. We are a bunch of ocean enthusiasts and keep our offices close to the water (literally). We maintain a work atmosphere that embraces curiosity and encourages experimentation, but when we need to get something done, we can switch gears and move fast.
We are looking for a Product Lead to drive the development process from idea to implementation to ensure our products meet our customers' needs. More specifically, someone who can turn our data into tools that help customers navigate the worlds’ oceans more safely while using less fuel and with fewer carbon emissions.
As you drive Sofar’s product strategy and roadmap, you will work closely with oceanographers, data scientists, ocean industry experts, and our engineering team to execute on the vision.
As a Product Lead at Sofar, you will
- Define and execute product vision, strategy, and development
- Drive product design and development efforts
- Explore and capture the needs of potential customers
- Ability to translate customer needs into opportunities and design specifications
- Communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across our teams
- Collaborate closely with the engineering team to build and execute on product roadmap
- Prioritize features based on potential business impact and alignment with our company strategy
- Participate in iteration planning with engineering and design teams
- Inspire product and engineering teams to push the thinking in new ways
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience as a Product Lead for a software product
- Bachelor's degree in product design, engineering or other related field
- Proven track record of leading an idea through development to a successful launch
- Natural ability to make things happen around you
- Like to roll up your sleeves and take ownership
- Manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
- Natural curiosity towards understanding customer needs, ability to synthesize these into opportunities and translate this into product specifications
- Passion for Sofar’s mission, and a connection to the world’s oceans.
- Willingness to move fast, be flexible, and grow as our team and product grows
- Professional experience in maritime industries
- Experience with shipping and logistics optimization problems
- Have shipped product before
- Experience working in a startup environment
If this job aligns with your passion and experience, we would love to hear from you!
Email your resume and a short cover letter explaining why you’re excited about the open position to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you ASAP.
We realize a job description is just a guideline highlighting the core things we think we need but understand that nobody squarely fits a description. If you feel passionate about our ocean mission, but not exactly aligning with the description, do send us a note! We are always interested in hearing from those with a desire to make a difference.