San Francisco, California
As a production engineer at Sofar, you’ll work with our engineering and manufacturing teams to keep our existing products–Trident and Spotter–rolling smoothly off the line, develop new tools, fixtures and test procedures, and build processes in NPI efforts. You’ll spend a couple days a week at our local contract manufacturer facilities, and will be available for overseas travel once or twice a year.
You love working with a multidisciplinary team and being the go-to person on a production line. You have a ‘quality first’ mindset, and take pride in the quality of the physical products we ship to customers world wide.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with contract manufacturers (sometimes on-site) to ensure quality, root-cause issues, and flag potential problems to the rest of the team.
- Develop expertise in our products, how they are made, and all the supporting tools and fixtures that are used.
- Propose and implement new processes and tools in order to improve quality and efficiency.
- Work with engineering and product teams to engineer and introduce new products and the manufacturing processes to build them.
- Experience and skills in a core design engineering competency - manufacturing, mechanical, electrical, software.
- Familiarity with various product certification and safety requirements and testing.
- Experience building products that last for a long time in marine or other extreme environments.
- Experience with solar and battery powered systems.
- A passion for Ocean robotics, sensing, exploration, and/or recreation.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Engineering degree or equivalent learning in Production, Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ years experience working as a production or manufacturing engineer with significant mechatronic content.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, self-motivation, conscientiousness, respect of others, and embrace ownership of areas of responsibility.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
Applicant must be eligible to work in US.
How to Apply
If this job aligns with your passion and experience, we would love to hear from you!
Email your resume and a short cover letter explaining why you’re excited about the open position to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you ASAP.