San Francisco, California
As a production technician at Sofar, you’ll work with our production team to keep our products smoothly flowing off of production lines to customers, and to help ensure the highest quality standards. You’ll be based out of our San Francisco headquarters, but may spend a few days a month at our local contract manufacturer facilities as needed.
You’re motivated by working with a team of people who are passionate about the products they build and the impact they create. You’re happy to jump in and help wherever you’re needed – even if it’s outside of your expertise. You have plenty of hands-on experience building and assembling products and equipment, and are comfortable using a wide assortment of tools. You know the difference between getting it done, and getting it done right. You’re thrilled at the opportunity to help humanity better understand the world’s oceans.
Essential Job Functions
- Final assembly and packaging of products.
- Work with engineers to complete test, QA and RMA procedures.
- Support fulfillment and shipping.
- Familiarity with various product certification and safety requirements and testing.
- Experience building products that last for a long time in marine or other extreme environments.
- Experience with procurement/supply chain operations.
- Experience with boating and marine operations.
- A passion for ccean robotics, sensing, exploration, and/or recreation.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- 1+ years experience working as a production or manufacturing technician with significant mechatronic content.
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills, attention to detail, conscientiousness and respect of others.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
Applicant must be eligible to work in US.
How to Apply
If this job aligns with your passion and experience, we would love to hear from you!
Email your resume and a short cover letter explaining why you’re excited about the open position to email@example.com and we will get back to you ASAP.