Sofar builds the data platform to provide industries and communities with the best marine weather data and forecasts. We are the first company to deploy large-scale ocean weather sensors to fundamentally shift the needle on reducing uncertainty in marine weather forecasts to optimize operations, planning, and logistics for industries and communities.
Our team combines deep expertise in ocean science with the best in technology and innovation. We are a bunch of ocean enthusiasts and keep our offices close to the water (literally). We maintain a work atmosphere that embraces curiosity and encourages experimentation, but when we need to get something done, we can switch gears and move fast.
We are looking for a VP of Enterprise Sales to lead and grow our sales team, and drive the commercialization of our maritime data product, which will help customers navigate the worlds’ oceans more safely while using less fuel and with fewer carbon emissions. You will work closely with the leadership team and product team to navigate the maritime space, develop and execute the sales strategy, and drive business development and sales.
As a VP of Enterprise Sales at Sofar, you will
- Deliver sales and rapidly grow market share for our marine weather data and maritime products
- Build a world-class sales organization capable of selling into large shipping conglomerates
- Operate independently and develop strategies for lead generation and pipeline building
- Provide excellent leadership to drive our sales team to success with our data and software products in the maritime industry
- Work with company leadership and product teams to tailor the roadmap to customers’ needs
- Minimum 5 years professional experience as a Sales Leader for an enterprise product
- Tenacious and comfortable in a startup environment
- Proven track record of effective sales to C-level at larger companies
- Proven track record of ability to develop and execute a successful sales strategy focused on rapid growth
- Proven ability to effectively communicate to leadership and product teams to optimize product-market fit
- Result-driven attitude and proven ability to improvise and adapt to create and discover sales and business opportunities
- Bonus points for professional experience in marine weather, weather data, or maritime industries
- Bonus points for experience with shipping and/or logistics optimization problems
If this job aligns with your passion and experience, we would love to hear from you!
Email your resume and a short cover letter explaining why you’re excited about the open position to email@example.com and we will get back to you ASAP.