If your Spotter has a SPOT ID of SPOT-30000R or above (e.g. SPOT-30123R), the following guidelines do not apply to your device. A new parsing script specific to this class of SPOT-ID will be available soon and directions for its use will be posted on this page. In the interim, please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in analyzing your SD card data, we share our internal open-source tool to assist you. The script will help associate your data with a human-readable timestamp as well as translate spectral data into bulk parameters.
Please note: The parsing script is not an actively supported tool, and we recommend customers to build their ingesting tools using the raw Spotter SD card data.
- Python 2.7 or higher installed
- Python modules installed: pandas, numpy, scipy
Download the latest parsing script:
Latest Parsing script: | Version 1.12.0 (last updated: August 4, 2021)
- Ability to parse data from Spotter and Smart Mooring devices running firmware versions v1.12.0 and lower.
To use the parsing script follow these steps:
1. Download the parsing script: parser_v1.12.0 onto the computer you will use to retrieve Spotter SD card data.
2. Unzip the parser_v1.11.2 file.
3. Be sure you have the following python modules installed: pandas, numpy, scipy
4. Copy the Spotter files and the parsing script into the same directory
5. Open a terminal window at the directory from the previous step and run `python parser_v1.12.0.py`